Translate

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

IL MIO FIGURINO DI MODA...




  • Asymmetrical cocktail dress from my 'Melt' collection, inspired in the glacier melting.




There are some differences between a 'figurino' or fashion sketch, and a fashion illustration. An figurino or fashion sketch, show us a clear-cut idea of any design, with details and the real proportions, that a professional pattern maker can read without almost any explication, from the designer, to start making a professional  pattern. But, a Fashion illustration,  instead of that, show us an general idea about of a fashion trend, silhouettes, colors, textures and accessories, but without enter in technical details.


  • My Moon dress. 





  • Cocktail dress from my ‘Melt’ collection.


I have been teaching figurino or fashion sketch as well as the fashion design, for more than 15 years and I love it, but I like the more when I do it realizing my own creations. It is a magic moment when yourself can see your own thoughts materialized in graphic form on paper.






  • A second version of the same idea, with the same bustier but only one panel of skirt.



  • To Alba Zuluaga's wedding dress (2006) the inspiration was herself.



  • Evening gown from my 'Melt' collection.



“To me, a 'figurino', or fashion sketch is more than a quick sketch to give an idea of the design or to show a fashion trend, it is my personal hallmark that shows the essence of my spirit of fashion "... John Miranda.














No comments:

Post a Comment